Thursday, January 29, 2009

Head of One

If there were one frivolous item dear to myself that I could take on a desert island it would be my BC Rich bass guitar. I love playing bass. I love the sound. I love the feel of flat wound strings. One day I had a problem with the sound of my bass and I thought the problem was the electronics in the body of my bass. The body is the wide and short part of the bass. I took my bass in to be checked out and it turns out that the head of my bass was bent, thus the sound was off. The head of the bass is where the tuning knobs are and where the strings descend from. I was taught a valuable lesson about keeping my bass head in perfect shape. I also learned a lesson about the church. If Christ were not perfect, being the head of the church, the church would not function properly. "For the husband is the head of the wife, as Christ also is the head of the church, He Himself being the Savior of the body. that He might present to Himself the church in all her glory, having no spot or wrinkle or any such thing; but that she would be holy and blameless" (Ephesians 5:23, 27). It also finally struck me that Christ is head of His one church, not many as the world and denominations claim. My bass head could not be the bass head of many basses, but only one. For, if it were not so He would have told us.

No comments: