Friday, January 30, 2009

Go Write Your Message on the Pavement part 1

Yesterday was one of those "Murphy's Law" days. Whatever could have gone wrong did go wrong. My wife asked me politely to drive our son to the babysitter's house before I went to school, which I had no problem with. So, I try to get out early, because I had never been to the babysitter's house before and I wanted to have plenty of time to make it to school on time. The mapquest directions said she lived nine minutes away. I follow the directions to the 'T' and their address was nowhere to be found on the road it should have been on. It was a 3500 address, but this was a 3600, 3700, and 3800 block. So I drove around the neighborhood asking people if they knew this family. Eventually, I was going to be late for class, so I hauled it back to the school in order to ask her husband where they lived. He gave me different directions, because there are two roads with the same name (I hate Denver). So, I get Malachi out there, and I get back to the school. It's 8:45 now and I've missed a lot of Biblical Exegesis class.

To be continued... it's a long story with a bright ending

No comments: