Saturday, December 6, 2008

The Leader Teaser




Yesterday I went to the bank to deposit a check and I noticed the mind bender for the day. (It was quite perfect actually) For those of you who don't know what a mind bender is, it is something to keep people busy while waiting in line for a slow teller. Seriously, it's a riddle of sorts. Anywho, it said and I quote, "Studies show that people who buy 3 of these things a year are better suited to be leaders." I stood and wondered, "How very well thought out God. You're trying to keep my mind on leadership aren't you?" So, I think over it for a while and the only thing that comes to mind is a _________. So I get to the teller and tell her about the class that I'm taking and I ask her if she can just give me the answer. So she looks at me for about 10 seconds with a sinister smile and finally she says, "A pair of running shoes." I thought to myself, "Can you form that answer in the form of a sentence?" Mike Hite would have an aneurism and conniption fit. But I decided not to go grammar nazi on her and actually think about the answer. It was stupid and I felt like I had wasted 10 brain cells on the answer. But I thought Bob would think it was cute because he teaches the Leadership class and he buys 3 pairs of running shoes a year. I guess he's better suited to be a leader.

No comments: